Train to Teach at Sacred Heart
Sacred Heart High School coordinates the West London Teaching School Alliance (WLTSA).
In collaboration with:
- 45 partner schools (both primary and secondary including those in the mainstream as well as Faith Schools, Free Schools and Special Schools); and
- 3 universities (St Mary’s University Twickenham, University of Roehampton and UCL (Institute of Education)
we are training 64 trainees in 2016-17 and are seeking to fill over 100 School Direct places for 2017-18.
Please visit www.wltsa.org.uk (Initial Teacher Training tab) to find out more about teacher training programmes at Sacred Heart High School and also those at other schools within our alliance. The WLTSA website will give you access to the following information:
- Our vacancy tables with links to detailed programme information
- Dates for teacher training recruitment fairs and open days
- Subjects available
- A simple explanation of the different qualification outcomes
- A simple explanation of the different routes into teaching, clarifying what ‘School Direct’ teacher training actually means and its advantages including the different salaried and unsalaried options;
- Entry requirements;
- Finance issues; and
- Links to the websites of our partner schools
All applications for these programmes must be made online through UCAS. To find any WLTSA programme on UCAS you need to use the UCAS teacher training search tool naming the 'provider' as The West London Teaching School Alliance.
Any queries regarding WLTSA teacher training programmes should be sent to the Teaching School office which is based at Sacred Heart High School: