How will the curriculum and the school environment be matched to my child’s needs?
- At Sacred Heart we believe that your child’s learning needs will first be met through the high quality teaching delivered by her subject teachers.
- We carefully plan our curriculum to match the age, ability and needs of all children.
- The class teacher will adapt lesson planning and teaching to match your child’s special educational needs and/or disability.
- It may be appropriate to adopt different strategies and resources in order to meet your child’s learning needs.
- Additional specialist advice is sought when appropriate and, when necessary, accessibility aids and technology may be used to support your child’s learning.
- Sacred Heart reviews its Disability Accessibility Plan to ensure that all reasonable adjustments are made for pupils to have full access to the curriculum as well as the school site. Sacred Heart High School is an old building so there remains restricted access to certain areas.