To search for books: Please Click Here
To browse our eBooks: Please Click Here
To access our online resources, students should visit the LRC Edmodo page.
Our vision statement
The Library sits at the heart of the school community as a hub of creativity and intellectual curiosity.
The Library fosters a community of learning and literacy that leads to high academic achievement, independent reading and learning, and a culture of collaboration throughout the school.
We aim to be:
- a stimulating learning centre that promotes a culture of creativity and literary enjoyment throughout the school.
- a safe, secure and inclusive environment that values each pupil’s individual development and learning styles, and provides learning spaces which are reflective of students’ needs.
- a learning environment that develops students’ independent information literacy and works to ensure that all students are confident and effective users of ideas and information.
We aim to provide:
- an evolving bank of resources that support teaching and learning in all areas of the curriculum, which can be easily accessed from home and other areas of the school by students, staff and parents.
- a diverse collection of fiction texts that will capture the imagination of our students and encourage them to appreciate other cultures, experiences and perspectives.
- a broad selection of non-fiction resources that will encourage students to investigate the world around them, ask questions, explore ideas and develop their knowledge and understanding.
- a state of the art service that will satisfy the 21st century learning and literary needs of students, by recognising how they engage with information and data and offering suitable resources and facilities.
- support in the teaching of literacy, independent learning skills, and cross-curricula study skills.
The Library is open from 8.15 – 4.15 every day, except when closed for clubs or events.
The Library is an area for quiet study and research. All students should come in to work or read.
Eating and drinking is not permitted.
Resources must not be removed unless they are issued by Ms Broadley or a student librarian. Students will need their student ID to borrow books.
All resources must be treated with respect and returned in good condition. Replacement costs will be required for lost or damaged books.