Sacred Heart High School believes it is a right for every student to have access to the highest quality Careers, Education and Guidance to support their learning and decision making as they transition through each stage of their education.
As such every student receives a planned programme of activities that are stimulating and interesting which lead to raising their aspirations, broaden their horizons and equip them with the necessary skills to make informed decisions regarding their future.
Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG), forms a fundamental part of the development of our students, contributing to academic success and individual personal fulfilment.
Aims of CEIAG:
- Prepare students for the transition to life beyond secondary school (higher education and the world of work)
- Support students in making informed decisions which are suitable and ambitious for them
- Provide students with well-rounded experiences including opportunities to work in partnership with employers, training providers, local colleges, Higher Education Institutions and other external organisations
- Develop characteristics; social skills, communication, innovation, creativity, resilience and leadership which support students to achieve highly in the curriculum and in their careers
- Inspire, motivate and empower students to develop their aspirations at all key transition points leading to informed decisions
- Develop enterprise and employability skills including skills for self- employment
- Support inclusion, challenge stereotyping and promote equality of opportunity
To support the delivery of careers, SHHS has developed partnerships with a wide range of educational institutions, training providers and employers who contribute to the careers programme by:
- Raising aspirations and increasing motivation, helping students identify educational and occupational goals
- Demonstrating the relevance of knowledge and skills learnt in school, to future opportunities in education and employment.
- demonstrating the links between living, learning and earning
- Providing work enrichment opportunities including work experience, workplace visits, guest speakers and curriculum support.